Easy Wood Floor Redo

The wood floors in the upstairs bedrooms was in horrible shape and looked just as bad. Since renting a sander and staining the floors wasn't in my budget i decided to paint the floors. It ended up costing me about $40 and a couple hours. I highly recommend this for anyone looking to re-do their hardwood floors for cheap and minimal time and effort. It really transformed my entire rooms and Im really happy with how they turned out. Keep reading for my full tutorial with a few tips I figured out along the way.


Project: Hardwood Floor Re-do
Difficulty: Easy
Cost: $40-$60 (depending on the size of the room)

                                           Before                                                                         

       After

Supplies Needed:
1. Porch Paint & Painting Supplies: I got mine at Lowes for around $30 dollars a gallon.
2. Sand Paper
3. Vacuum & Broom


Directions:
1. Use your sand paper to rough up the floors by hand. I spent about an hour sanding everything.
2. Clean and Vacuum the floors thoroughly!! Do some research to find out what products you want to use to clean and prepare your floor.
3. Use a brush to paint the edges of the floor.(Since it is a permanent paint it will stain anything it gets on so be careful!)
4. Now get your roller out and paint those floors! I unscrewed a broom off its pole and then connected my roller to that so I didnt have to bend down to paint.
5. Block the room off for atleast 24 hours: I noticed cat hair was getting stuck to the floors still after 24 hours so I let mine dry for 48 hours instead.
6. You're done!!! enjoy your beautiful new floors

Comments

Popular Posts